Saturday, June 10, 2006

home sweet home :)

yay! I'm now back home with my family..*snigger* nothing beats the comfy bed compared to 5 days of backaches snoozing on sleeping bags. I'm too old for this! Feeling the cracks and aches everywhere.

5 days of training and preparation has made me, for somehow, more prepared for the mission trip. I still don't think one can be absolutely ready for something they prepare for. In this case, i'm finally, in a way, more prepared than the first day. I've learnt so, so much from the 16 of us and of course the 2 pastors! Flexibility is the word for missions. Somehow, you just gotta do things you've never imagined you would be doing, eg. sermons. I freaked out, i was afraid, but i made it at the end. I really thank God cos prayer works. *smiles* Well, training was dead tiring. On average, 6 sermons a day and we've been mentally exhausted, physically as well. Band practices, skits, dances, gifts, all in all, drained us out. Despite it, we had so much fun together. The laughings, the cryings, the stressed out faces, the "brokeback" talks! it all made us understand each other better. We'll be cooking over in philippines for the locals for a taste of malaysian food and an informal performance about malaysia's culture. Besides, we did have tagalog lessons and songs! How cool eh?

God was good. He provided us good food to eat. Drove outskirts of malacca to Machap for exotic food. It was all good. Shan't mentioned what we ate though. *wink* There goes the end of training, and yet, a mission trip to look forward to. All excited. anxious. I can't wait for next week.

Today, a friend of mine got married. :) It's funny how you see the love stories of MMU students who ends up being affiliated with "MMU" people. This one, a multi racial marriage. I'm glad he finally found his life partner!!

This morning, a very dear friend of mine called me from the US. I almost burst into tears when I heard her voice. I miss YOU so very much! I wish that you were here with us for the missions. :( Conversation goes something like this :

my lover : hie. good morning. are you awake now?
me : (barely awake) yah I am. (in my mind i thought it was some irritating telemarketer)
my lover : do you know who's this?
me : (still blur) ermm...eh, nope. who's this?
my lover : this is "my dear friends name" here!
me : *screamssssss and jumps around*
my lover : calm down first, bel!

(Initially I could barely breathe)
My darling friend, if you're reading this, this shows how much I miss you. Can't wait for you to get back soon.
Since being in Malacca for the whole week, it did bring back certain memories. Went back to MMU Malacca to help distribute some flyers to the new intake of students to promote CF. It seems like Day 1 when I entered uni..how the registration and orientation took place. I was once, like them. 5 years down the road, in the making, you get the new me. I've finally made it through. I hope. :)

No comments: