Sunday, September 03, 2006

hives

I think I got myself into this allergy....

Hives are raised red welts of various size on the surface of the skin, often itchy, which come and go. Also called uticaria, hives is usually part of an allergic reaction to drugs or food. (I think for me, it was some insect bite or dust). The term "dermatitis" describes an inflammatory response of the skin, caused by contact with allergens or irritants, exposure to sunlight, or by poor circulation, even stress. AVOID SCRATCHING. (sorry it was TOO late...i scratched merely for 3 hours straight before getting another jab from the doctor at 2am........) Scratching the rash may spread the inflammation, lead to infection and even leave scars. (Tell me about it....:( )

One hallmark of hives is their tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.( disturbing my sleep due to the itchiness....) An outbreak that looks impressive, even alarming, first thing in the morning can be completely gone by noon, only to be back in full force later in the day. ( I pray i don't get it later...) Very few, if any other skin diseases occur and then resolve so rapidly.

Many substances can trigger hives
- Medications
- shellfish, fish, nuts, eggs, milk, and other foods
- Pollen
- Animal dander (especially cats)
- Insect bites

Hives may also develop from:
- Infections like mononucleosis or illness (including lupus, other autoimmune diseases,
and leukemia)
- Emotional stress
( hahahahah.....MAYBE it was due to STRESS)
- Extreme cold or sun exposure
- Excessive perspiration


Conclusion...it's far worse then you can imagine..literally, you're scaratching every second...for me i tried to tahan for 3 hours..and i couldnt..finally, went to the doctor at 2am for a jab. At least I was not as afraid as before..hehe. Butt STING again! This time, left butt cheek. Healing took place instantaneous. I fell asleep right after the jab.

And this morning...the red patches begin to reappear again....................not as itchy...but it looks really bad. I've gotten myself an itch disease.......ughhhhhhhhhhhhh...........someone HELP ME!

2 comments:

wingsun said...

Hahahaha... I have also gotten hives before. Not only once, but about 5 times already. I also got a jab in the butt. Know how you feel.... It sucks real bad.....

lil-belle said...

hey sun! wahhhh 5 times! well, this is my FIRST time..so it sucks. never had allergies before in my whole life..ughh...i really hope it heals soon..cos it's starting to itch again....waaaa.. cannot wear short skirt dy...cannot go swimming dy...:( :(