Tuesday, September 26, 2006

a layer of toxic

This picture was taken in Manila during our missions trip. It brought to my attention that our lives are sometimes like this picture. The clear bright sky filled with amazing clouds, only where birds can soar, where dreams could be build? And yet..a layer of polluted toxic covering the city which in reality, makes it ugly. So does it apply to our very own being. The issues at heart, the dirt, the unforgiveness, the bitterness, the pride, the selfishness, the self pity, the attitude problem, the anger, the struggles. Do we allow these circumstances to dominate us?

We allow these impureness to be drowned in our own little island, and not addressing the matter taking appropriate actions to deal with it. Only if these contaminated toxic could disappear..life could be better. But, I came to accept that God allows it to happen, so that we can grow, and get our lives right with God. That is if we CHOOSE to do our part. AND God will keep His covenant with us. After all, God is in control of our lives.

It is very easy to talk but not act upon it. We all struggle in bad times. It's easy to come to God and praise Him, give glory, thank Him when all's well. But when it comes to one of those "seasons", would we still stand firm in our faith? Letting God walk through us side by side or do we wish to be isolated. Well, honestly, I'm still learning. I don't have all the answers, I try to hold on. Rebuilding is the word.

Until the layer of pollution is lifted off, we'll still have that "ugly" side in us. Deal with it. Do something about it. Let's stop pollution, in other words, ACT upon these issues for He will give us the assurance.

Loved this song, thought I'll just share. This song was written by Ps Ollie Sebastian (Paradise Community Chrurch) taken from the Paradise Live - Set Me Free album.

Assuredly Yours

All that I am is in You
All that I seek is to follow You
I run to Your side when You call

There is the hope I am longing for
Just to be by your side
There is hope in my life
There is no greater freedom I'll find

Chorus
Take my life
And all that I have to give
Take my world
Just inhabit all of it
Take my dreams
Make me assuredly Yours

No comments: